With the South Australian borders reopening from 23 November 2021, 1st Impressions ELC will be taking steps to help minimise the possible risk this might bring to the community, and we will implement additional health and hygiene strategies. From 23rd of November, these will be our new safety measures in the centre:
- All families will be required to wear a mask upon entering the centre
- Essential visitors must sign in the QR code before entry which is located at the entrance door.
- Everyone must do temperature check before entry in each room
- Families will be allowed to enter the centre for essential reasons only (non-urgent matters may be discussed through phone call or email)
- The duration of pick up and drop off will be kept to a minimum to reduce the risk of close contacts (non-urgent matters may be discussed through phone call or email with our educators, management or admin)
- Hand hygiene practices such as handwashing and the use of hand sanitiser will be strongly implemented at all times
- Centre tours and orientation days will be limited and will strictly be booking-based (no walk-ins will be allowed until further notice)
- Children, educators or staff members will be asked to stay home until well if there are any signs of illness
- If you, your child or a family member displays any COVID-19 symptoms, please get tested at a COVID-19 testing facility and stay home and provide us with the necessary updates and information.
- Contact us immediately if you or a member of your household has tested positive to COVID-19, has been considered as a close contact of a confirmed COVID-19 case and/or is awaiting a COVID-19 test result.
The SA authorities have recently introduced a mandatory vaccination policy for the state’s schools which includes all staff and volunteers to be fully vaccinated and must show proof of first vaccination by December 10, but as part of our centre policy, we have required our educators and staff to complete their 2 doses of vaccination within 4 weeks.
1st Impressions ELC reserves the right to require families/ parents in the future (as we see fit and if we deem it necessary if situations in SA change) to be fully vaccinated before they can enter our premises. This will help us ensure that we are keeping a safe and healthy environment for everyone. This is part of our centre’s initiative to combat the spread of COVID-19 and to help avoid the likelihood of situations in other states.
For any changes or updates regarding the state’s regulations or border restrictions and response to COVID-19 related to the early childhood setting, we will notify families and our team as soon as possible.
For general COVID-19 enquiries, we encourage you to call the dedicated SA Information Line on 1800 253 787. For further information on COVID-19, you may check https://www.health.gov.au/ or call or visit your relevant state-based health authority:
- SA: 1300 232 272
- VIC:1300 651 160
- ACT: 02 5124 9213
- NSW: 1300 066 055
- Qld: 13 43 25 8
WA: visit wa.gov.au or call your local public health unit
Please note that this is only temporary and we will keep monitoring the situation in SA.